Like many, I eschew New Year’s resolutions. But I do use the first of the year to take stock and plan out my major goals for the next year. What did I accomplish in the last year, and what are my goals for this coming one? In 2019 I paid off my car, remodeled our master bathroom, painted the main living areas of our home, remodeled the living room, remodeled my home office (including laying the floor myself). In 2019 we said goodbye to two beloved pets, Buddy and Maya, and adopted a new pup, Bonnie.
What are my goals for 2020?
- Read more fiction – I am currently making my way through Sue Grafton’s Kinsey Millhone series and am on O is for Outlaw. (Yes, I know I’m late to the party!)
- Spend less time on social media, but blog more (photography and here)
- Connect more with friends and family
- Walk the dogs daily and work in more exercise for myself
- Rekindle my photography
Household / Financial
- Pay off credit cards by year’s end. I’ve already worked out a do-able payment schedule, so this is on-track. Husband has already retired and I am only a few years away, so we must go into retirement as solvent as possible.
- Simplify – declutter. Seriously. I’m tired of keeping stuff we’ll never use.
- Garage / workshop remodel project
- Continue backyard landscaping I began last year.
- Dump Trump – Dude gotta go.